Commerce House has an immediate opening for a production artist.
Contenders should be comfortable in a fast-paced, results-focused agency environment that jumps between a variety of very different clients and media. The chosen one will collaborate and concept side by side with a strong creative team on multiple varied clients, from fishing rods to health care.
Applicants with a healthy entrepreneurial spirit will earn higher marks at Commerce House. As an agency, we see a growing number of new business opportunities that are in start-up mode. These clients have a bootstrap mentality that won’t take no for an answer — neither should you.
Who is Commerce House:
Commerce House is a mid-sized agency located in the Design District near downtown Dallas. We provide our clients with cross-media creative solutions for a variety of industries including healthcare, beverage, financial, mobile technology, packaged goods and consumer services. At any given time, there may be dogs roaming the floor, an all-out NERF turf war between account service and creative, or a high-stakes ping-pong bout and three new business RFPs all in play at once.
- Extensive knowledge of typography and layout, and a good sense of color and design.
- A penchant for symmetry, alignment, kerning and logo size.
- Know the difference between vector and raster graphics.
- Have an understanding of and be able to evaluate image resolution.
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (primarily InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Working knowledge of RGB and four-color processes, as well as the Pantone® matching system.
- Navigate Apple computers and file servers.
- Resize and repurpose graphic files for:
- Print ads (magazine and newsprint publications)
- Outdoor billboards
- Brochures, pamphlets, catalogs and direct mail
- Online graphics such as banners and social media
- Logo creation and versioning
- Be able to maintain client brand standards and style guidelines.
- Create and verify print-ready and web-ready files.
Advertising or printer experience preferred.
Send a letter of introduction, and include a portfolio URL with samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.