The Account Director has responsibility for one or more accounts and has direct supervision of account service team members within their group.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides key senior level day-to-day contact with clients on overall strategy, execution, and agency performance.
- Adds value to the client relationship by managing all projects with an eye towards client growth.
- Coaches, mentors and manages direct reports.
- Strategic thinker who will be able to manage and promote a team environment while maintaining a strong client focus.
- Strong communication skills along with the ability to lead, negotiate and delegate where appropriate.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall growth and development of accounts.
- Maintains a high level of performance by the account team and other agency personnel, as needed.
- Is sufficiently informed and personally involved on numerous accounts, ensuring sound planning, good service and a solid client/agency relationship.
- Follows agency policies and procedures.
- Keeps management informed of the status of the group’s accounts status, problems, plans and meetings, as well as involving Management personnel at key times.
- Insures the timely development and execution of plans, campaigns, and projects to assure growth and profit goals are achieved.
- Plans, develops budget recommendations and goals necessary to provide both quality and profitable service to Clients.
- Maintains open communications of Client issues with business leaders and management.
- Provides leadership/motivation and conveys the vision and values of the Agency to the assigned staff.
EDUCATION, SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in the healthcare or related industry experience is a plus.
- 10+ years minimum experience in an agency environment.