Commerce House has an opening for a creative force to join our growing experiential group. Specifically, we're interviewing digital art directors.
Interested individuals should live on the web — well, not literally, but you are immersed in the latest digital trends before they officially become trendy. The words “That’s impossible” don’t exist in your vocabulary.
Contenders should be comfortable in a fast-paced, results-focused agency environment that jumps between a variety of very different clients and media. The chosen one will collaborate and concept side by side with a strong development team and will work with multiple clients. Projects are as varied as our client list and range from IOS and Android application design to eCommerce websites to database-heavy dynamic websites to full digital campaigns including banner promotions, emails and landing pages.
You understand the nuances required for streamlined user experience and put functionality side by side with form and design. We are a collaborative team, and you ideally enjoy that type of environment and are open to working with various writers and other agency professionals, including art directors, developers, information architects and, of course, account management. In addition to being a solid designer in the digital space, contenders will have practical experience working with outside photographers, animators and illustrators as well as an interest in shooting and editing content.
Applicants with a healthy entrepreneurial spirit will earn higher marks at Commerce House. As an agency, we see a growing number of new business opportunities that are in start-up mode. These clients have a bootstrap mentality that won't take no for an answer — neither should you.
If this opportunity sounds compelling, you should send an email of introduction and include a portfolio URL with samples of your digital capabilities.
Who is Commerce House
Commerce House is a 40-person agency located in the design district near downtown Dallas, Texas. We provide our clients with cross-media creative solutions for a variety of industries including healthcare, beverage, financial, mobile technology, packaged goods and consumer services. At any given time within the agencies walls, there may be dogs roaming the floor, an all-out NERF turf war between account service and creative or a high-stakes ping-pong bout and three new business RFPs all in play at once.
- Online experiential concept and idea generation
- Strong understanding of UX, wireframes, process flow and sitemaps
- Translating online business strategy into a memorable creative solution
- Working independently or within a team to achieve goals Collaborating and working with development team to successfully execute projects
- Strong ability to clearly present ideas to both agency peers and clients
- Report to the creative directors Contribute to emerging trends within our industry
- Four+ years in a digital environment
- Proficient knowledge of the full Adobe Creative Suite – specifically Photoshop
- Understanding of responsive design, CSS and HTML5
- Strong abilities in storytelling within the digital space
- Fluency in understanding Digital Design Standards
- Skills in successfully navigating an agile and fast-paced environment
- Never settling for what's easy, comfortable or convenient