The ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR ensures that client needs are met by monitoring and guiding account executives’ activities, and by maintaining an effective level of direct contact with clients. The account supervisor bears final responsibility for the account’s growth and profitability, and the development of the account executives.
This person needs a solid background in mid- to senior-level marketing positions and/or demonstrated superior performance as an account executive. Advanced verbal and written communications skills, analytical thinking, personal organization and interpersonal dynamics are pluses. The account supervisor must be a capable personnel manager, with team-building skills and mentoring abilities. A clear understanding of today’s marketing and advertising business and a keen sense of entrepreneurship are essential.
- Ensures client relations are positive and stable; and that the group account director is immediately informed of any potential problems with client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Meets with account executives on a regular basis to review their activities.
- Evaluates account executive performance on at least an annual basis.
- Guides account executives in career and skills development.
- Provides clients with clear access to senior management.
- Reviews strategies and recommends improvements.
- Reviews campaign conceptual directions to ensure strategic marketing objectives remain in focus.
- Ensures client needs are properly and efficiently staffed.
- Reviews estimates, quotes and unquoted invoices to ensure budget requirements are met and profitability maintained.
- Reviews major media and public relations plans, and creative strategies before submission to clients.
- Contacts and forms relationships with senior client personnel.
- Seeks out new business opportunities and plays a leading role in their development.
- Ensures that financial management of accounts meets agency standards.
- Approves expense disbursements from account executives.
- Leads in agency/client contract negotiations.
- Participates in Agency/Client Performance Plan reviews.
The right person for Commerce House has…
- Positive attitude . . . a high level of enthusiasm, motivation and resilience . . . a sense of urgency to obtain results . . . an ability to maintain a positive attitude when under pressure . . . an ability to keep things in perspective
- Commitment to quality . . . proof all work for accuracy…..a demand for excellence in all forms of communication . . . always looking after the smallest detail
- Creativity . . . a reputation for innovative thinking . . . working with an entrepreneurial spirit
- 5-8 years in the industry
- Strong customer service, computer, and analytical/problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Bachelor’s degree